Mission of the National Bonsai & Penjing Museum
The National Bonsai & Penjing Museum is an international scholarly center where superior bonsai and related arts are displayed and studied for the education and delight of visitors.
Goals of the National Bonsai & Penjing Museum
- Assemble and nurture a superior bonsai collection with special emphasis on specimens from Japan, China and North America.
- Provide education about bonsai and support the scholarly study of this art.
- Acquire and maintain a collection of viewing stones.
- Acquire and maintain a collection of stands, scrolls and containers which enhance the exhibit of bonsai.
- Develop and maintain a library and archive of literature and other materials related for bonsai and related arts.
- Maintain the museum setting to complement the display of bonsai.